A. Issuance of I-20 form
Complete the Financial Affidavit form; send it along with Bank letter to the International services office or address provided by the mail from the department
B. SEVIS Fee (SEVIS I-901): Documents needed
1. Form I-20
2. Credit card to pay the fee (Master Card, Visa)
C. DS-160 Form and Visa Fee
1. Scan and upload your application photo
2. Complete your DS-160 application online
3. Print barcode at the end of the application on a laser printer
4. Pay the visa application fee (at the current exchange rate) at one of the designated branches of the specified bank, the bank depends upon the country from you are applying
5. Make your appointment through VFS. You will use your barcode and fee receipt number to schedule an appointment
6. Carry the Following Documents with You:
• A passport
• Your confirmation page (printed on a laser printer).
• Visa Appointment letter
• Visa fee receipt (Bank fee receipt)
• SEVIS receipts
• In addition, if you are applying for a petition-based visa (H, L, F, J, M, R visas) should also bring petition-related documents.
• One recent (within the past six months) passport size photograph 50mm X 50mm (2" x 2") with a white or off-white background.
7. Additional required documents:
a. I-20 form
b. Admission letter from the university
c. Proof of funding:
i. Department Assistantship offer letter
ii. Bank Letter showing the financial availability and/or financial affidavit
d. Detailed Resume
e. Supporting educational documents
i. Mark sheets of bachelors and Masters (any degree after bachelor’s)
ii. Academic transcripts of bachelors and Masters (any degree after bachelor’s)
iii. GRE and TOEFL score cards
iv. Diploma of Bachelors and Masters (any degree after bachelor’s)
You should then be prepared for some likely to be asked questions in a visa interview which constitute the subject matter of the next post.